Spirituality First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for spiritually minded people...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PRAYERS FOR PEACE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tawny
Advanced Member
tawny

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PRAYERS FOR PEACE Empty
PostSubject: PRAYERS FOR PEACE   PRAYERS FOR PEACE EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 8:39 am

PRAYER OF ST. FRANCIS ~

Lord make me an instrument of your peace

Where there is hatred........ let me sow love

Where there is injury..... pardon

where there is doubt..... faith

where there is despair..... hope

where there is darkness...... light

Where there is sadness...... joy

Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek ~

To be consoled... as to console

To be undersood ... as to understand

To be loved... as to love

For it is in giving... that we recieve

It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned

It is in dying... that we are born to eternal life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BAHA'I PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity

Be fair in judgement, and guarded in thy speech

Be a lamp unto those who walk in darkness, and a home to the stranger

Be eyes to he blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring

Be a breath of life to the body of humankind, a dew to the soil of the human heart, and a fruit upon the tree of humanity.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BUDDHIST PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind be quickly freed from their illnesses.

May those frightened cease to be afraid, and may those bound be free.

May the powerless find power, and may people think of befriending one another.

May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness, the children, the aged, the unprotected, be guarded by beneficial celestials and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

CHRISTIAN PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be known as the children of God.

But I say to you that hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

To those who strike you on the cheek, offer the other one also, and from those that take away the cloak, do not withold your coat as well.

Give to everyone who begs from you, and those who take away your goods, do not ask for them again.

And as you wish others would do to you, do so to them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

HINDU PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

Oh God, Lead us from the unreal to the real

Oh god, Lead us from darkness to light.

Oh God lead us from death to immortality.

Shanti, Shanti, Shanti unto us all

Oh Lord God Almighty, May there be peace in celestial regions.

May there be Peace on Earth.

May the waters be appeasing.

May all beneficent beings bring peace to us.

May the vedic law propagate peace all through the world.

May all things be a source of peace to us.

And may thy peace itself, bestow peace on all and may peace come to me also.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

JAINIST PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

Peace and Universal Love is thy essence of the Gospel preached by all.

Enlightened Ones.

The Lord has preached that equanimity is the Dharma.

Forgive do I creatures all, and let all creatures forgive me.

Unto all I have amity, and unto none enmity.

Know the violence is the root cause of all miseries in the world.

Violence, in fact is the knot of bondage.

"Do not injure any living being"

This is the eternal, perennial, and unalterable way of spiritual life.

A weapon, howsoever powerful it may be, and can always be superseded by a superior one but no weapon can, however, be superior to nonviolence and love.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

JEWISH PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

Come let us go up the mountain of the Lord, that we may walk the paths of the most high.

And we shall beat our swords into plowshares, and our spears into pruning hooks.

Nation shall not lift up sword against nation.

Neither shall not learn war anymore.

Ando none shall be afraid, for the mouth of the Lord of Hosts has spoken.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

MUSLIM PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful.

Praise be to the Lord of the Universe who has created us and made us into tribes and nations.

That we may know each other, not that we may despise each other.

If the enemy incline towards peace, do thou also incline towards peace, and trust God, for the Lord is the one that heareth and knowest all things.

Most Gracious are those who walk on the Earth in humility, and we address them, we say " PEACE"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AFRICAN PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

Almighty God, the great thumb we cannot evade to tie any knot,
the roaring thunder that splits mighty trees, the all-seeing Lord up on high who sees even the footprints of an antelope on a rock mass here on Earth. You are the one who does not hesitate to respond to our call. You are the cornerstone of peace. You provide for us on this Earth.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SHINTO PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

Although the people living across the ocean surronding us, I believe are all our brothers and sisters, why are there constant troubles in this world?

Why do the winds and waves rise in the oceans surrounding us?

I only earnestly wish that the wind will soon puff away all the clouds which are hanging over the tops of the mountains.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SIKH PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

God judges us according to our deeds, not the coat that we wear~ that truth is above everything, but higher still is truthful living. Know that we attaineth God we loveth, and only victory endures in consequences of which no one is defeated.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ZAROASTRIAN PRAYER FOR PEACE ~

We pray to eradicate all misery in the world, that understanding triumph over ignorance, that generosity triumph over indifference, that trust triumph over contempt, and that truth triumph over falsehood.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Back to top Go down
Rowan
Rowan

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PRAYERS FOR PEACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRAYERS FOR PEACE   PRAYERS FOR PEACE EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:36 am

Lovely, Tawny. Just goes to show how we all - regardless of our different faiths and beliefs - hold some things (the most important) in common.

On a similar note, I recently asked my class what they thought peace was, and thought some of you might be interested in some of the replies. (Remember, these kids are only 10 / 11.... and IMHO, they give us great hope for the future)

Definitions of peace

Peace is what everyone wants and loves. Peace is understanding yourself in silence. You have to make peace with yourself before you can spread peace to other people.

Peace is all about coming together. Peace is always there; just choose the right path and you will connect. You yourself are the person who could be one with what you’re doing all the time. This thing is you and you are every other thing, but to realise this you need three things: to be tuned in, to take responsibility for your choices, and to give to others.

Peace is where bad things are going on, and you know it, but within all these things we have peace and calmness.

Peace is what we need. Peace would be an end to all war, all poverty, all unfairness – and at heart we’d want what was best for ALL. Peace with ourselves is just as important as peace with all. Peace is… when all love; where ALL forgive all others; where it is known that the same power and glory is there in each one of us; where we enlighten each other – either literally or metaphorically, it brings us peace – it is peace.

What is peace? I did some research because I didn’t completely understand what peace was. The website said: “Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart.” (Anonymous source) I think this really helps me understand about what peace is so I think it is hard to have peace but if we want it enough we can do it.

‘Peace’ can mean many things. It can mean total silence around you with no distractions – just you and nature. This is not wrong – but not right either. Peace, because of having many meanings, has no right or wrong answers. Many other people think of peace as inner peace and a connection with God even in a distracting area. This inner peace is able to do a lot for us if we use it. It can actually help us find unity.

I think peace actually is an awareness of feelings beyond this world. Peace is a connection where we drown out all thoughts in exchange for harmony. We usually calm ourselves down and try to just be still and quiet and just drift off slowly into our own little world. And usually when we reach that point we are at total peace. We can connect with a powerful force that is from and from out of this world. It doesn’t matter what we call it, it’s still the same thing. A name doesn’t change what’s beneath it.

Peace, everyone
:hug1:
Back to top Go down
Gabryel
Gabryel

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PRAYERS FOR PEACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRAYERS FOR PEACE   PRAYERS FOR PEACE EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Rowan wrote:
...they give us great hope for the future
I agree wholeheartedly. :thumbup: A lot of children get a bad press these days, but some are a real inspiration. :starry:
Back to top Go down
tawny
Advanced Member
tawny

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PRAYERS FOR PEACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRAYERS FOR PEACE   PRAYERS FOR PEACE EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:00 am

out of the mouths of babes Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PRAYERS FOR PEACE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRAYERS FOR PEACE   PRAYERS FOR PEACE Empty

Back to top Go down

PRAYERS FOR PEACE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirituality First :: General Spirituality :: Inspiration & Upliftment-
Jump to: