Spirituality First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for spiritually minded people...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wooden Bowl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tawny
Advanced Member
tawny

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2008-07-01

bowl - The Wooden Bowl Empty
PostSubject: The Wooden Bowl   bowl - The Wooden Bowl EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:08 am

A frail old man went to live with his son, daughter-in-law and 4 year old grandson. The old man's hands trembled, his eyesight was blurred and his step faltered. The family ate together at the table.

But the elderly grandfather's shaky hands and failing sight made eating difficult. Peas rolled off his spoon onto the floor, when he grasped his glass the milk spilled onto the tablecloth.

The son and daughter-in-law became irritated with the mess. 'We must do something about father', said the son, 'I've had enough of his spilling, noisy eating and food on the floor'. So the husband and wife set a small table in the corner. There, grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed dinner. Since grandfather had broken a few dishes, his food was served in a wooden bowl.

When the family glanced in the grandfather's direction, sometimes he had a tear in his eye as he sat alone. Still, the only words the couple had for him were sharp admonitions when he dropped cutlery or spilled food.

The 4 year old watched it all in silence.

One evening before supper, the father noticed his son playing with wood scraps on the floor. He asked the child sweetly, 'What are you making?' Just as sweetly the boy responded, 'Oh, i am making a wooden bowl for you and mama to eat your food in when i grow up'. The 4 year old smiled and got back to work.

The words struck the parents so much they were speechless. Then tears started to stream down their cheeks. Though no words were spoken, they both knew what had to be done.

That evening the husband took grandfather's hand and gently led him back to the family table and for the remainder of his days he ate every meal with the family. And, for some reason, neither the husband or wife seemed to care any longer when a fork was dropped, milk was spilled or the tablecloth soiled.

On a positive note ~

I've learned that, no matter what happens, how bad it seems today, life goes on and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person with the way he/she handles four things - a rainy day, the elderly, lost luggage and tangled christmas tree lights (Amen to this one).

I've learned that, regardless your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same as making a life.

I've learned that sometimes life gives you a second chance.

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt in each hand - you need to be able to throw something back.

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But, if you focus on your family, friends, the needs of others, your work and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.

I've learned that whenever i decide anything with an open heart, i usually make the right decision.

I've learned that when i have pains, i dont have to be one.

I've learned that every day, you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch - holding hands, a warm hug or just a friendly pat on the back.

I've learned that i still have a lot to learn.

I've learned that you should pass this on to everyone you care about. I just did.

NOTICE AT THE END, THE DATE THE CANDLE WAS STARTED ~ IT'S GONNA GIVE YOU GOOSE BUMPS.

I am not going to be the one who lets it die. I found it believable.......angels have walked beside me all my life........and they still do.

This is to all of you who mean something to me
I pray for your happiness
The candle of Love, Hope and Friendship

()
|---|
|---|
|---|

This candle was lit on 15th September 1988.
Someone who loves you has helped keep it alive by sending it to you.

Don't let the candle of Love, Hope and Friendship die!

Pass it on to everyone you love. May God/Goddess richly bless you.

~ Unknown ~

Last edited by tawny on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tawny
Advanced Member
tawny

PostSubject: Re: The Wooden Bowl   bowl - The Wooden Bowl EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:10 am

GIVING THANKS ~

Lord, thank you for this sink full of dirty dishes; we have plenty of food to eat.

Thank you for this pile of dirty laundry; we have plenty of nice clothes to wear.

And I would like to thank you, Lord, for those unmade beds; they were so warm and comfortable last night. I know that many have no bed.

My thanks to you, Lord, for this bathroom, complete with all the splattered mirrors, soggy, grimy towels and dirty lavatory; they are so convenient.

Thank you for this finger-smudged refrigerator that needs defrosting so badly; it has served us faithfully for many years. It is full of cold drinks and enough leftovers for two or three meals.

Thank you, Lord, for this oven that absolutely must be cleaned today. It has baked so many things over the years.

The whole family is grateful for that tall grass that needs mowing, the lawn that needs raking; we all enjoy the yard.

Thank you, Lord, even for that slamming screen door. My kids are healthy and able to run and play.

Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says, You have richly blessed my family. I shall do them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.

Last edited by tawny on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tawny
Advanced Member
tawny

PostSubject: Re: The Wooden Bowl   bowl - The Wooden Bowl EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:11 am

UNIVERSAL LAWS ~

There are 12 Universal Laws and 21 sub laws that describe how the laws of cause and effect are related to each other. The laws are a guideline that can be ued to hone our behaviour towards our spiritual, physical, emotional and mental growth. These laws are based on the universe being all energy, just as we are made up of energy cells. All thoughts, emotions and feelings we have make up energy which expands outward towards the universe.

The 12 Universal Laws ~

The law of Divine oneness ~ This law tells us that everything we do or say affects others around us and that everyone/thing is connected to each other.

The law of vibration ~ This law helps us to understand that everything moves, vibrates and travels in a circular pattern. The principals of the physical world apply to our thoughts, feelings, desires and wills in the Etheric world. Every sound/vibration is unique to itself.

The law of actions ~ This law tells us that we must apply action in helping us to manifest things on earth. We must engage in actions that support our dreams, emotions and thoughts.

The law of cause and effect ~ This law states that nothing is coincidence. Every action has a reaction or consequence "As you sow, so shall you reap".

The law of correspondence ~ This law states that the principals of the physics towards motion, energy, light and vibration also have a corresponding action in the Etheric or Universe - "As above, so below".

The law of compensation ~ This is the law of cause and effect regarding blessings and abundance that are provided for us. These include money, gifts, friendship, inheritances and blessings.

The law of attraction ~ This law shows how we create things, events and people who come into our lives. "Like attracts like".

The law of perpetual transmutation and energy ~ This law states that everyone has the power within themselves to change the condition of their lives. Our higher vibrations consume the lower vibrations, therefore each of us can change the energies within our lives. We need to understand the universal laws and apply them into our lives to effect the change.

The law of relativity ~ This law states that everyone will receive a series of problems (tests of initiation) for the purpose of strengthening our light within. When we're faced with these tests, we must remain connected to our hearts when sowing these problems. The law also tells us we must put our own problems into perspective - there's always someone worse off than we are.

The law of polarity ~ This law states that everything has an opposite. We can transform negative thoughts by concentrating on positive thoughts, this is the law of mental vibration.

The law of rhythm ~ This law states that everything moves and vibrates to certain rhythms. These rhythms establish seasons, stages of development, cycles and patterns. Masters know how to rise above negative parts of a cycle by never getting excited or allowing negativity to enter their consciousness.

The law of gender ~ This is the law of masculine (Yang) and feminine (Yin) energies and principals of all creation. It takes both energies to create anything. They must be balanced to enable the Spirit Being to become a Master and true co-creator with God.

The 21 Sub laws ~

These laws are governed by our Higher selves, they are actually human characteristics which relate to the Universal laws. They are ~

Aspiration to a Higher power

Belief

Charity

Compassion

Courage

Dedication

Faith

Forgiveness

Generosity

Grace

Honesty

Hope

Joy

Kindness

Non-interference

Patience

Praise

Responsibility

Self-love

Thankfulness

Unconditional love

Last edited by tawny on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tawny
Advanced Member
tawny

PostSubject: Re: The Wooden Bowl   bowl - The Wooden Bowl EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:12 am

Dear Lord ~

So far today i'm doing alright, i have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish or over-indulgent. However, i'm getting out of bed in a few minutes and i will need a lot more help after that. Amen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wooden Bowl   bowl - The Wooden Bowl Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wooden Bowl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirituality First :: General Spirituality :: Inspiration & Upliftment-
Jump to: