The forum for spiritually minded people...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

latest on Pam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
VIP Member

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 pm

somersethedge wrote:
we have a fly in the ointment..... my mother came over yesterday.... today she poned us to tell us to stay away as she has a bad cold (and for my mother to say she has a bad cold means she has a major bad cold).... so we are not sure if they will go ahead with the chemo.... will ring them tomorrow to see what thay say

Sorry to hear your mum is poorly, I hope that's not the awful cold we've had here for a month or two now :whip: I'll add her to my healing list, I hope you two don't get it :hug1:

Jay
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Wed May 20, 2009 6:02 pm

How is everything going ? Sending love and healing, :hug1:

postcardpam
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1178
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Wed May 27, 2009 12:35 pm

well am struggling to cope at times others its fine, am afraid its a case of playing things day by day, somers doing a good job of looking after me also doing what the hospital said as when possible, keep life as normal as possible, so you can imagin he still needs plenty of cuppas made for him, thou when am not capable hes been making it, mind you nothing tastes right everything taste a bit matalic, must admit am llearning to live with the various side effects the worse thing is chemo again next wednesday 3rd & then suppose its the sickness ect again,
Next tuesday we go to see if the wig will suite me they have actual ordered 3 for me to choose from, supposily my hair colour, anyway on tuesday we will no, also before chemo they have to take bloods to see how much chemo theyneed to give me, oh well sorry if have moaned.
Back to top Go down
Jay
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Wed May 27, 2009 8:02 pm

Hiya pam , it's great to hear from you, it's good to hear too that you're taking each day as it comes, I bet you feel different everyday :hug1: Sorry to hear the food is tasting funny (hope somer isn't burning it!) i'm sure he's doing a great job of looking after you.
Do you get to keep all three wigs or just choose the one you like best? I'd watch somer for borrowing them especially if these chilly nights carry on. You haven't moaned at all pam, i'm glad you feel able to share what is happening, and i'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we're here for you anytime even, and especially if you do feel like a rant, much love to you both, and healing :hug1: :hug1: :hug1:

wendywoo
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Fri May 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi Pam.. keep on trucking and don't you worry about moaning. It's not moaning it's sharing your thoughts and as friends we want to hear all of them if you want to share them. The metallic taste must be really getting on your nerves. Keep rested and keep that Somer in good order while you are at it!

In fact a round of tea in the forum if you don't mind Somer... and i take mine almost black no sugar.. i'm sure Jay would like a coffee.. anyone else.. oh and while you're at it pass the hobbs nobs lol x
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sat May 30, 2009 6:45 am

Great to hear from you, Pam. :hug1:

You're spot on just taking things a day at a time. Glad to hear Somer's taking good care of you! Like Wendy says, don't worry about sounding off on here! We're all here to listen and understand. And the rest of the time, try and smile and laugh as much as you possibly can... it's the best thing of all for healing. Just get Somer in a pinny... that should give you a good giggle! lol!

Anyways... loads of love and light to you both. :starry: :hug1: :hug1: :good vibes:
Back to top Go down
postcardpam
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sat May 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Seems as thou at present am making most of the cuppas, if can manage it, somers not burning food, if I can manage then i cook, but next chemo on Wednesday so Nigel will be back cookng for a while, not that well want much food mind you this week have eaten well.its good am being told to have thinks like cream, & I love ice cream, & everything should be full fat,& my trousers arent getting tight either.
Between us we are coping I certainly have down days, luckly the sunshine does help things.
As for the wig have to then choose from which will suit me best. thats Tuesday lunch time, then go & have my bloods done, as they have to check how many white blood cells have to be killed off, ah, here we go ofon the next circle of events.then somer will be back in the kitchen. :grouphug:
Back to top Go down
Jay
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sat May 30, 2009 7:50 pm

:hug1: :hug1: :hug1: :hug1: :hug1: :hug1:

postcardpam
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:55 am

unfortunetly yesterday when we went to the hospital they told us it may have spread they did a scan 3 weeks ago, & it showed that infact there is an enlarge node behind my heart, if it is cancerous it should start to shrink with the chemo, they want to check it again after my 4th cycle have yesterday started my 2nd cycle, but so far thank goodness have been sick, they have change the medication for the sickness & it seems to have work so far so hope it does can cope with the rest of the side effects getting used to things taste different scratch
Also have to remember that if I do scratch more hair comes out, wont be long that I have less than somer, have my health service wig( only)
60 wore it home from the hospital & have tried it on but as its warm will still try & get away with a hat at present, as somer says he can find me by following the trail of hair around the house . :grouphug: we are coping as realy its the only wey to get by somer was on tea duty yesterday but Ive managed today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tawny
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:08 pm

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
postcardpam
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:24 am

:hug1: Thanks Tawny love the Angel.
Infortunetly yesterday afternoon things turned worse basicly my breast has become inflamed rang the surgery & no one around & as soon as I mention chemo a doctor was found & as soon as mention what was wrong told to come in immeditatly,she has put me on strongst antibiotics she can thanks to the day before blood tests should be ok, but somer has been worned that he may have take me into AE over the weekend if I feel unwell, so wise is life not straigh forward, all the :good vibes: that are being sent am very gratefull for & keep wondering what state wed both be in if it werent for them. :grouphug:
Back to top Go down
Jay
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:23 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((Pam)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You're doing very well to remain so cheerful, so sorry you've had yet more troubles :hug1: Will step up on the healing for you :hug1:

You're both in our thoughts xxx

wendywoo
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:08 pm

still thinking of you pam x
Back to top Go down
postcardpam
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:34 am

Thanks am just hoping that I will soon stop feeling as though dont have an ounce of strength & I keep needing to sleep still \I assume it will do me good.
Back to top Go down
wendywoo
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:06 pm

sleep is a good healer Pam :hug1:
Back to top Go down
somersethedge
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1165
Location : sunny somerset (or a world of my own... take your pick)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:31 pm

she sleeps more than me these days
Back to top Go down
http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?user=somersethedge&mo=t
postcardpam
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:34 am

That takes some doing ,actualy as you say sleep is probably the best healer.
Back to top Go down
Jay
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:17 pm

Yes it is Pam :hug1: and does the sleep help if you're uncomfortable, are you managing restful sleep? I hope so as for sleeping more than somer......... :devil:

tawny
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:42 am

:this is jay: :good vibes: :good vibes: :good vibes:
Back to top Go down
postcardpam
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:53 am

Very Happy certainlyt am feeling better again at present its all that healing thats being sent at me, have more energy at present, so means am back in tea duty again, think drinks twice as much when uts me thats making it.
Back to top Go down
Jay
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:07 pm

It's great to hear you're a bit more energetic :hug1: hope you've managed to enjoy a bit of the warm weather :hug1:

postcardpam
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 am

Am feeling ok at present untill I remember the chemo starts again on Wednesday, we have managed to go out a bit though have to wear factor 50 sun protection on any exposed skin., where as never used to bother notmaly unless actualy sat in it as my arms are ok, but either have cover or use cream. sunny WQell somer now has more hair than me had the last bit shaved of on Thursaday, & have actualy been out wearing the wig, hate looking at my self without any hair, seems very strange, hospi tal gave me so scull type hats so keep one of those on, thought am also trying to get to use to puting scarfe on but hard as thers nothing for it to grip to. scratch no doubt will get used to it as dont realy have any option.
Very Happy we are coping somehow, think somers humour does help. :hide:
Back to top Go down
wendywoo
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:04 am

big hugs Pam.... Glad Somer's humour is helping.. though i dread to think what he says to you lol x x
Back to top Go down
Jay
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Pam hope the chemo went ok today, those headscarves tend to be made of slippery material try to find a cotton one see if it's any better, it must be strange to see yourself without hair (((((hugs)))))) as wendy says, i'm glad somers humour is helping too, you both seem to be coping admirably xxxx

Rowan

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Just popped in to send you all my love and light x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   

Back to top Go down

latest on Pam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next