The forum for spiritually minded people...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

latest on Pam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
postcardpam
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1178
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Thanks guys, this time I have good day & then 2 bad ones am afraid,
Am hoping will be wel enough to go into taunton hospital to have the line put i so they can get bloods from me & get drugs in, as think said before my veins are giving up, & then to put the tinhat on it, one of my crowns has fallen out, & am not suppose to have dental treatment either, so Monday we will have to see what the hospital say, its just not our year.
Back to top Go down
postcardpam
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1178
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:15 pm

Have been to taunton & am afraid my blood count is so low,that
the hospitalwouldnt put the line in or anything else, have been told to come home rest, & drink Mackeson & eat red meat . so its steak tomorrow.

But theres another problem, Nigels Mum is now in hospital, basicly she fell over at 11pm at night & ended up in hospital at 2am, shes damage her nose, they think its broken, but also hasent completely stopped bleeding, we wont no more untill the morning she is in Dorchester hospital. so thoughts for her would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Gabryel

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:32 am

Sending thoughts to Nigel's mum :good vibes: and still thinking of you too, Pam :hug1:
Back to top Go down
Jay
VIP Member

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:40 pm

Me too, so sorry to hear about Nigel's mum, I hope doing all the hospital has said to do helps you pam thoughts going out to you both xxxx

somersethedge
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1165
Location : sunny somerset (or a world of my own... take your pick)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:50 am

Well we are back from the hospital again…

They looked, prodded and poked around her (chemo) arm and decided no way were they going to get any bloods let alone give her her treatment in that arm… off they go to consult the consultant… “We will have to use the arm they operated on as she needs the treatment, the veins should be fine”

So they take the blood out for her tests and send them off to the pathology lab. While we are waiting for the results to see if they can proceed with the chemo the nurse comes back to us… “The consultant wants to see you” so off we trundle

“We are suppose to do a new C.T. scan between this and your next treatment… but we don’t want to put you through anymore discomfort than you are already having so we are not going to do it until all your chemo is over” consultant pauses for breath… Pam sighs with relief… BIG mistake… “However after your chemo and your radiotherapy we want to give you Herceptin®” “the thing is the treatment will last a year, once every 3 weeks, and you will need to have a permanent shunt in your arm”

So from start to finish Pam will now need 2 years of constant treatment every 3 weeks. They have also re-booked her into Taunton in 3 weeks time to have the shunt fitted.

Then the blood tests came back… off the nurse trundles to see the consultant again, and comes back a few moments later… “Your bloods are boarder line but we have decided to give you your chemo… However there is a VERY strong chance that Nigel will end up having to rush you into A&E in around 10 days time for an emergency blood transfusion due to your blood counts crashing dangerously low”

So as usual we lurch from one problem to the next.

BTW I forgot to say the consultant has told the cost to the NHS for the course of Herceptin® is £25,000. At least we can’t say we haven’t got our money’s worth out of the NHS for all the years of paying our taxes.
Back to top Go down
http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?user=somersethedge&mo=t
Jay
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Nigel and Pam, so sorry for your unending troubles, it is one thing after another and yet you still seem to find something positive from so many negatives (getting that expensive drug from the NHS) Words are completely inadequate to describe howwe all feel for you both and your situation, is your mum on the mend Nigel? As always much love and healing to all xxx

Gabryel

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:22 pm

I know it might not be much of a help to tell you to keep your chin up and keep thinking positive, but rest assured there's lots of people here wishing you (BOTH) the best, thinking of you, and sending our best wishes :hug1:
Back to top Go down
tawny
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:16 am

sorry ive not been around much guys but always thinking about u and i can only ditto what gabe said much love to u both :hug1: :hug1: :hug1: :hug1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Jay
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:51 pm

Still sending love and healing :hug1: :hug1: :hug1:

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: latest on Pam   

Back to top Go down

latest on Pam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top