Spirituality First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for spiritually minded people...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Beliefs

Go down 
+9
postcardpam
cat
kelsieAngel
Gabryel
Blackpanther
sami
wendywoo
Jen
Jay
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gabryel
Gabryel

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Your Beliefs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Beliefs   Your Beliefs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:58 am

Very true, Sparkle :thumbup:

:hug1:
Back to top Go down
Rowan
Rowan

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Your Beliefs   Your Beliefs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Jay wrote:
What are they? Post as much or as little as you like.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot, and in all honesty, I’m not sure what I believe!

(I’m afraid this has turned into a bit of a ramble as I just tried to consider the question. I’ll post it anyways, but I won’t blame anyone for not reading it!!!!)

I do know that certain… awarenesses, for want of a better word, have been with me for as long as I remember, even though many of them, at the time I couldn’t accept.

One that I never had a problem with was that I could never understand why people argued about whether the universe was created by God or the big bang – to me they were always just different interpretations of the same thing.

Ironically, the one I really couldn’t accept is the thing I have most faith in now, and that is the idea of unity. I remember coming across the idea, around the age of 13 or so, that I was part of one universal source, and being terrified by the concept! To me it meant I would cease to exist and I just didn’t understand or even want to.

Many years later, and much research, both inner and outer, and I have found many of these early ideas to have been repeatedly backed up from so many sources, including philosophical and scientific as well as spiritual. I still wouldn’t say these were my beliefs exactly, but the closest I’ve currently come to anything like. I don’t expect anyone to take them as the truth – I certainly don’t!!

* At its core, everything is one, infinite field of energy / consciousness, constantly moving and growing, experiencing itself in a multitude of different ways. Religions tend to call this ‘God’; scientists, ‘The Unified Field.’

* It is held together (connected with itself) by universal forces, the greatest of which is love.

* We think we are separate in order to be able to experience ourselves.

* We are part of the creator and as such create our ‘reality’ – but, due to lack of awareness of connection, not usually consciously.

* All spiritual paths contain some truth… but not all of it (and it is usually somewhat distorted), as taking human form limits awareness of this connection. We create our experiences of deeper connection in ways that each of us can personally understand.

* Certain spiritual practices, whether they be prayer, meditation, visions, channelling, healing, trance, ritual, divination etc. etc. facilitate awareness of connection.

* You don’t (as I feared when young) lose yourself with this connection… you add to yourself, become more of what you really are, via broader awareness.

* ‘Spiritual masters’ (such as Jesus – who may well have made his connection during his 40 day/night meditation) have a greater awareness of this connection, and try and help others discover it…. Trouble is, the ‘ordinary’ world denies connection (every man for himself mentality) and is VERY difficult to overcome.

* ‘Heaven’ is when / where all of (a portion of?) the source is aware of its connection with itself (love); ‘Hell’ is when / where all form of connection is denied (absence of love).

* Neither of these can be imposed on us… we are not judged good or bad… they are a result of our awareness of connection or otherwise.

* As seemingly separate ‘sparks’ from the oneness, we too are constantly moving and growing (change is the only constant!), not just here and now but in infinite parallel universes. Therefore life is eternal and possibilities infinite.

* ‘Sparks’ with similar levels of awareness will, through different experiences (lifetimes), be drawn together to experience what they wish (or expect?) to experience (possible origin of ‘in my father’s house are many mansions’… i.e. we create our next life / heaven or hell through the awarenesses we come to in this one.)

* A deepening awareness of connection allows communication with parallel ‘realms’ normally outside the level of awareness of human consciousness… hence becoming aware of spirits, guides, angels etc.

* Perhaps a deeper awareness allied to a rejection of the notion of connection (lack of love = fear!) draws one to more disconnected ‘sparks’… malevolent spirits, devils etc.?

* Like attracts like, due to the nature of the attraction of similar energy vibrations, so love attracts love, fear attracts fear, hate attracts hate, peace attracts peace, joy attracts joy.

The most important thing I’ve come to believe is that none of this can be put into words! It’s way more complicated… and yet way simpler than this! I just don’t know… confused

Last edited by Rowan on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rowan
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Your Beliefs   Your Beliefs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:56 pm

sparklewings wrote:
OHH How True Gabryl, :thumbup:
And These people many years ago were very very clever , at manipulating the masses :demon: , They say that Satan was one of Gods/creators most loyal Angels :this is jay: , and threw reading this , makes you wonder confused where the term of God /creator and Satan are enemies , as we are one and God/Creator loves everyone everything :megahug: Well wouldnt he also love Satan after all there have been many evil people on Earth but the writings say " That God/creator Forgives " its only ourselves who Judge ourselves :overreact: ? Wink xxx

I think (as sort of highlighted in the ridiculous ramble above!) that 'God' and 'Satan' are ultimately one. 'God' as the source, would love 'Satan', but 'Satan' has the right to choose to accept or reject that love, and, in my personal current understanding, I suppose I would say 'Satan' was the personification of the rejection of love and unity. (Which doesn't make 'him' any the less real... as I think, to an extent, every thought form is real!)
Back to top Go down
Gabryel
Gabryel

PostSubject: Re: Your Beliefs   Your Beliefs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:14 pm

Rowan wrote:

The most important thing I’ve come to believe is that none of this can be put into words! It’s way more complicated… and yet way simpler than this! I just don’t know… confused
You've done very well putting it into words, Rowan. :bow: 👏
Back to top Go down
sparklewings
sparklewings

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Your Beliefs   Your Beliefs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 4:03 pm

I Totally agree Gabryel about Rowans post :thumbup: ,

Rowan your Writings make perfect sense to me :thumbup: and again i agree with your reply to my post also.
I suppose thats what makes all of us so unique altho we are one , Rowan to quote what you said Every thought Form Is Real , i will add to this Yes To the Individual every thought form is real its our personalities that choose to act them out or decline . Wink xxx
Back to top Go down
postcardpam
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1178
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Beliefs   Your Beliefs - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 1:45 pm

Rowan you realy have thought about Beliefs, & certianly making me think & wonder.
Back to top Go down
Rowan
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Your Beliefs   Your Beliefs - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:23 pm

sparklewings wrote:

i will add to this Yes To the Individual every thought form is real its our personalities that choose to act them out or decline . Wink xxx

:I agree:
Back to top Go down
Gabryel
Gabryel

PostSubject: Re: Your Beliefs   Your Beliefs - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 5:11 am

Rowan wrote:

I was thinking about this last night as I was drifting off to sleep. Then something just came to me...

"It's simple in essence... but complex in detail"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Beliefs   Your Beliefs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Beliefs
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirituality First :: General Spirituality :: Spiritual Discussions-
Jump to: