Spirituality First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for spiritually minded people...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Candle Magic ~ The Rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
VIP Member
Jay

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Candle Magic ~ The Rules Empty
PostSubject: Candle Magic ~ The Rules   Candle Magic ~ The Rules EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Originally posted by Somersethedge.

THE RULES

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO AFFECT THE LIFE OF A THIRD PARTY WITHOUT THEIR ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF THE FACT (An‘ it harm none do what ye will)

IF DOING A LOVE SPELL NEVER EVER MENTIONS NAMES.

NEVER USE THE CANDLE YOU ARE WORKING THE SPELL WITH FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE. IN FACT IF YOU CAN LET THEM BURN OUT.

DON’T LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED

Candle Colours

Proper colours for a spell
Make them work extremely well.
This list will make your magic strong
So study carefully and long
The candle colours listed here –
And all your spells will bring you cheer!
For lustful love and hot desire,
Use a candle red as fire.
If tranquil peace you now pursue,
Burn a bit of palest blue.
For protection, you may use the same;
Likewise, if your health is lame.
Pink for harmony and love
And perfect union from above.
If to attract is your intent
Orange is what the heavens sent!
If your hold on things, in time, go sour
Use purple to regain your power.
To increase your bank account
Light green candles ‘round about
To ground yourself and make it stick,
Brown candles always do the trick!
To organize, use deepest blue,
For stress relief, a lavender hue.
Use teal for balance, peach for friends
Black puts bad habits at an end
Use white if you must substitute:
It contains all hues of colour suit.
If you burn white instead, it’s true
You must concentrate on proper hue
Use these wisely. Learn them well
For each and every time you spell,
You weave a dream that you create
Into a realistic state
The universe will not say “No!”
But confusing it may cause you woe.

That’s the VERY basic, but like most things “magical” it’s only the beginning.

The next basic step is anointing the candle. There is two ways of doing it. The first is to rub an oil that is appropriate to your intent. The second is to use vegetable oil then roll it in herb associated with your intent.

Forgive me if I don’t go into carving Symbols onto candles, but (A) I can’t draw half the Magickal Seals I use in here and (B) there are so many different Symbols that mean the same thing. For instance some use Rune script some use Theban script.

I have to admit I don’t do that much candle magic, but the one time I will do it is at Samhain, when I inscribe the name of a family member or friend that has passed into spirit during the year onto a candle and burn it in their memory. I also light a 72 hour candle to burn for the length of Samhain.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritualityfirst.forumotion.com
somersethedge
Advanced Member
somersethedge

Number of posts : 1165
Location : sunny somerset (or a world of my own... take your pick)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Candle Magic ~ The Rules   Candle Magic ~ The Rules EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 4:04 am

candle colours

White = purity, truth, spirituality
Red = strength, love, energy, courage, passion
Blue = peace, tranquility, understanding, patience, health
Natural/Beeswax= all purpose, purification
Green = prosperity, fertility, luck
Yellow/Gold = mental clarity, success, concentration
Brown = grounding, centering, neutrality
Pink = affection, romance, friendship
Black = protection, ward off negativity
Purple = meditation, clairvoyance, power
Silver/Gray = cancellation, neutrality, stalemate
Orange = encouragement, adaptability, stimulation, attraction
Back to top Go down
http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?user=somersethedge&mo=t
somersethedge
Advanced Member
somersethedge

Number of posts : 1165
Location : sunny somerset (or a world of my own... take your pick)
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Candle Magic ~ The Rules   Candle Magic ~ The Rules EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 4:05 am

Candle magick spells are fairly easy and straight forward. The first step is to select or choose a coloured candle for the spell being worked. Barring that an appropriate coloured candle cannot be found, a white candle is always a good fall back. Take the candle and write or inscribe on it your intention.

Light the candle and either let it burn out or burn for about a period of 10 to 15 minutes. Sit in front of the candle, meditating on your goal. If for example, doing a candle spell for a new job, think of the ideal job that you would like to have. The key here, as visualization is also being used, is to create as complete a picture possible you can of what it is you want to accomplish with the spell.

Candle Magick Spells - Basic Rules To Follow:

1) Always smother a flame that is to be extinguished before the candle is completed its burning.

2) Never blow out a flame. This is considered extremely rude to the fire elements.

3) Remember to keep yourself, your belongings and your surroundings safe and protected from fire hazard when working candle magick.

4) You can use any kind of candle that appeals to you. White is always a good choice, but you may want to choose ones whose colors correspond to specific energies. Red, for example, connotes passion. Green brings growth and good health. Yellow improves communication and blue creates harmony and understanding.

5) Before using it, "dress" the candle by rubbing it with olive oil. This imparts your special energies to it and forges a psychic link.

6) Create an altar or special place where you can burn your candle and leave it undisturbed afterwards. You can add flowers, incense or other symbolic items if you wish.

7) Time your candle-burning to correspond to the cycles of the moon. You can find them out by looking on the weather page of your newspaper. To bring something into your life, do your rituals when the moon is waxing (or growing). To rid yourself of something, do it when the moon is waning.

Cool Meditate briefly before lighting the candle to help still the mind and bring your desire into focus. When you light the flame, state your intention out loud, in simple, clear terms. Imagine that you already have what it is you want in your life. Watch the flame steadily, but don't stare intently. Focus on being receptive and open to what it is you want.

9) Let the candle burn as long as you want, but NEVER leave it unattended. Be sure to blow it out at the end of your session.

10) Repeat the ritual as often as you like, but don't get obsessive. Candle burning is a way to help you stay open to the possibilities of life. It may seem that your particualr wish didn't come true, but who knows? Maybe its because something better is coming along.

Candle Magick Spells - Charging a candle with your personal energy

While ritually anointing your candle, visualize a pure white beam of light coming up from Mother Earth, entering your body through the soles of your feet and another beam of white light coming down from the Universe and entering your body through the top of your head. Envision the energy of these beams of light flowing throughout your body and mingling together, finally concentrating in your hands, causing them to feel warm and to tingle. Now continue to stroke your candle until you feel the energy from your hands transfer to the candle. Now, your candle is charged with your personal energy and magickal intent.
When ready, light the candle, saying:

"Candle of power, candle of might, Create my desires here on this night.
Power, stream from this candle's fire Bring to me my heart's desire.
My words have strength, the victory's won.
So say I, This spell is done."

This is simple spell working and can be done for almost any goal...but also can be very powerful in the fact that it provides positive results.

GROUND Yourself after any magickal working by putting the palms of your hands on the ground or for so any energy left can flow back to mother earth. Failure to do this could mean a headache or extreme restless feeling. Also eat and drink something! Do some kind of physical activity

Why Do Candle Magick Spells Work?

As a candle burns it releases not only it's wax but it's colour into the atmosphere. What ever has been connected with the candle as in the form of embedded energy or written on the candle will transmigrate to a plane where it can do what you have intended and focused on it to do. A candle, like everything else used for a magickal purpose, has to be consecrated. Use the general consecration for candles. They are creatures of Fire or of Art. Make sure to check the Moon phase before working any spell. The phase of the Moon will greatly affect the outcome of your spell. After consecration a candle must be dressed. This consists of anointing the candle with a special oil you have chosen for the purpose in mind. There are many other things you can do to embed a candle to your purpose. You can etch runes in it; a name on it; a purpose for it to perform.. Really the list is endless.

SIMPLE CANDLE RITUAL 1
You will need a new candle, the colour of your choice. Choose something that corresponds with the type of spell you wish to perform. Consecrate the candle and carve a pentagram on it. Say:
"Upon this candle I will write What I receive of thee this night,
Grant me what I wish you to do;
I dedicate this rite to you.
I trust that you will grant this boon, O lovely Goddess of the Moon."
This type of candle magick spell works well with any ritual.

TO WORK CANDLE MAGICK 2
Hold your hands on each side of the candle and mentally pour thoughts of your aim into the candle. When you are ready, light the candle, say:
Candle of power, candle of might, Create my desires here on this night.
Power, stream from this candle's fire. Bring to me my heart's desire.
My words have strength, the victory's won. So say I. This spell is done.
It is best to let the candle burn to the end. Remember: The longer you let the candle burn, the stronger the spell,
A Candle Blessing Ritual
Rub anointing oil into the wax of the candle starting at the middle and working your way up to the top as you say:
'I CONSECRATE THEE AS A TOOL OF MAGICK. BLESSED BE!'
Start at the middle and go downwards this time and say:
'I CHARGE THEE WITH POWER IN THE NAME OF THE GODDESS. SO MOTE IT BE!'
Back to top Go down
http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?user=somersethedge&mo=t
tawny
Advanced Member
tawny

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Candle Magic ~ The Rules   Candle Magic ~ The Rules EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 4:14 am

great info somer :thumbup: i've heard about no.2 before
Back to top Go down
wendywoo
Advanced Member
wendywoo

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Candle Magic ~ The Rules   Candle Magic ~ The Rules EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:36 am

thanks for the candle info.. i never knew black ones were good! i have a black one and thought i shouldn't have it in the house... :hidez:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candle Magic ~ The Rules   Candle Magic ~ The Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Candle Magic ~ The Rules
Page 1 of 1